I have officially finished my first year of college. Freshman year complete! It's been a crazy semester. Some of the hardest struggles in my faith have occurred this semester. But God brought me through and by His grace I am still walking with Him.
Tomorrow morning at 9am I leave for the summer. I am part of my school's summer ministry team. It's a worship band that travels all summer long and leads chapels and Christian schools and worship for weeks at a time at camps. I had applied to work at a camp this summer but didn't get accepted. My next decision was that I would just go back home and work. But 2 months ago I got asked to pray about auditioning for this team. Its the kind of music I love but I didn't think I would actually get accepted. Especially since I was auditioning 2 months late. But God decided to take me on a different path and I got accepted for this team. We've been practicing for a month and tomorrow we leave. I have the first 2 weeks in June off and then we're back on the road for 7 weeks.
I am super excited about this ministry. It combines everything I love-music, worship, camp, travelling, people, and God. But I'm scared. Really scared. I'm scared its gonna be hard. and I'm gonna fail. I'm scared that I won't be able to get over my exhaustion and invest in people's lives the proper way. I'm afraid my relationships on the team will get complicated and I won't have enough self control to stop it. I'm scared I won't trust God.
again-I'm really really excited. I've never thought I would be doing anything like this ever. But I'm dreding the growing that's gonna take place. That sounds awful but sometimes growing is hard. And I feel like I"m not ready for it. But I have to trust. Obviously if I wasn't ready for it, I would've gotten accepted on this team and God would have me home right now. So all it takes is trust...but trusting is the hard part....
No comments:
Post a Comment