I often use the phrase "mind-blowing." "It blows my mind"...how incredibly amazing my boyfriend is. or how messy my room can get in just one week. or how much people swear for no reason. But this week I've been reminded of something that has truly blown my mind.
It's Jesus.
Jesus, knowing He was going to be betrayed by a close friend and disciple (Judas) and every other sinner (which is everyone in the entire world), STILL came to save those people. At one time in my life I have betrayed Jesus, whether before or after I was saved. Every day I commit idolatry, selfish sinful thoughts run through my head, my joy is depleted because the confidence I have put somewhere other than Him has failed me and I am hurt. Every single day. And yet Jesus, knowing I would do this, still came to save me. He still came so I could have peace and joy and hope in my life, knowing that I would be SUCH a wretched sinner, that most days I wouldn't even use that holiness He's provided me to bring Him glory. Jesus Christ, the One who should've had servants and maids and a mansion and earthly riches, came out of the perfect heaven to live the human life (sinless) and to serve others. Not only was the King of Kings His own servant and maid, He was everyone else's (all the sinners') servants. The Savior of the World, who deserved to be treated with perfection and admiration instead treated sinners with perfection. And then on top of that He used His time and energy and heart to heal, both physically and spiritually, thousands of people. Again, these people being unappreciative, complainers who did nothing but persecute Him.
Here's the catch. He didn't just stop there. He didn't come down, act all happy and perfect, do nice little things for people, and then leave. He came to earth to die. After treating these sinners with perfect holiness, Jesus then submits to His Father (another level of humility) and is murdered. His murder ensured that we, as filthy rotten sinners, could spend eternity with Him. It's almost comical in a way. Think about it. Who in the world would do "nice things" for people even when they are treated wrongly, and then be beaten in the place of those who persecuted them. That's absured!! And STILL. KNOWING I would sin multiple times every hour, not understand His love for me, and still live the way I want, HE CAME. For the unappreciative, selfish me.
But wait. There's more. He didn't die and stay dead. He arose! Jesus came back to life and went to prepare for me a mansion in heaven.
So first He treats all these horrible people like saints, sacrificing comfort for them. Then He sacrifices His LIFE for not only them, but us. For me. He provides a way for me to not go where I deserve (hell), but He goes and prepares a place for me in heaven. A dirty sinner (me) is not only loved, and forgiven...they're (I am) rewarded and accepted. For doing nothing compared to the glory of what Jesus has done.
Now THAT'S Mind-Blowing!
So tonight I take my blown mind and strive even harder than normal to accept His love and peace and joy provided by His death and resurrection and live as selfless and appreciative as I can. He is unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment