If we got graded for loving people I would have an F-. No such thing I know, but still. Why is it so hard? I get so stuck in this mindset of life having to be fair and that I deserve to be treated a certain way. But guess what? God doesn't promise me that. God doesn't promise I won't get mistreated. God doesn't promise I won't get hurt or frustrated or angry. God promises His love and care for me. And that love is unconditional. He still loves me even when I'm unfaithful. He loves me the same no matter how far away I run from Him. I get angry with Him, I mistreat Him, I definitely don't treat Him how He deserves to be treated. But His love for me doesn't change. He. Still. Loves. Me. And if my purpose in life is to be more like Jesus, than my love needs to be unconditional no matter how I'm treated, no matter how hard or unfair it is. I need to love.
Jesus, calm my heart. Help me be still and know that You are God. And give me a measure of grace to love the terribly unloveable people You have placed in my life. Please. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment