Monday, November 8, 2010

A Deceitful Heart

Jeremiah 5-10.

If Christ is not the center of my life ("heart"), I will fail. I am bitterly cursed ("cursed") if I put confidence, hope, and find refuge ("trust") in my own strength v5

But if I place my refuge and find security ("trust")in Jesus Christ my Lord I will be blessed. v.7

My heart is so polluted ("deceitful") with inaccurate feelings, thoughts, and emotions. I am feeble and frail when I listen to my heart ("Wicked") v.9

And God knows it all. He examines ("search") my thoughts, motives, and tests me. He brings trials in my life to prove ("test") I have faith and to prove my heart is fraud ("wicked")

My heart is deceitful. This whole semester I've been trusting in my feelings, convincing myself I was right. Then God started revealing to me just how much I am putting my trust in myself and I realized I had gotten myself in some really big holes. I've spent the past couple weeks digging myself out of them only momentarily looking back. But those moments are pretty strong. Satan is a very strong tempter. It's in these moments that I have to remind myself my feelings and thoughts are deceitful, that I cannot trust in them. I have to trust Christ. I have to live for Him, not for what I want. i have to remember His plans are better than mine. It's a hard battle. but when I stand victorious at the end of the day, I know I only have God to thank for it.

So thank you, Jesus, for revealing sin in my life. Even though it is painful, thank you thank you thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment