Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Weekend Home with my RiSE Family

This past weekend RiSE travelled to my house. It was so fantastic. Friday night the Stecchi's came over and we all just hung out. Played some music, did a little dancing on the Wii, ate really good food, and of course got some pull-ups and push-ups in there :)Saturday we went to Parkers for breakfast, took some pictures out back on the trail, and then chilled a bit at home. Later we went to the Rescue Mission where I was able to see all the changes they've made. It was really amazing. I can't believe how much has changed and how much progress they've made. I remember when it was basically nothing. Downstairs was literally just a room with a bunch of junk in it, and now its a shelter for the homeless. Upstairs is cleaned and organized in a way that I didn't feel dirty when I walked in. And of course, the stage brought back some awesome memories of InTune.

Later that night my family got saddening news about someone we love and care deeply for. And while there was a flood of emotions going through my body, we all had a beautiful time of prayer where our pain and concern was lifted high into God's hands. I felt more love and compassion in that room from ALL my family (which includes RiSE)than I have really ever felt. Here's what I wrote in my journal Saturday night:
"Psalm 62
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence; for my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I will not be shaken.
On God rests my salvations and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him.
He is a refuge for us.
Jesus is my rock. My fortress. My refuge. My might. My HOPE. I don't need to be shaken from this news. I need to trust Jesus at all times and believe that He is control."

And all weekend I felt and saw Christ being put first. People would leave the fun just to go and spend time with Jesus. Even with my closest girlfriends, I've never seen that happen. It was a huge encouragement.

Sunday we did music for the highschool sunday school, went to church, came home and ate lunch and after a nap drove back to school. The ride back was one of the most enjoyable chill conversations I've had with my boys. It was great.



Long story short...You boys are the best "thorns" I could ever ask for. I thank God that he has put you in my life. You have all honestly changed some part of how I live and I wish things would never have to change. Thank you for coming home with me, being a part of my real family, and encouraging us all greatly. Thank you for your friendship, your laughter, your tears, your knowledge, and your love that you share with me. Things are going to change pretty soon...but please know that you are forever welcome in my family. Always. I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment